Outdoor Living designed for fun and relaxation
Whether front porches, back porches, or of the wrap-around variety you should be enjoying your outdoor space more. Add functionality and charm to your home. Create a retreat with your outdoor living space by adding some furniture, a little paint, lighting and perhaps a flower or two. Here are some ideas for sprucing up your outdoor living space.
• Adding a rug will cozy-up your space instantly. Choose one that withstand the wet weather and dry fast.
• Bring your indoor plants outside for the summer…they’ll love the vacation.
• Add charm with a serene color or go wild with bold and vibrant color.
• Paint your floor! Use a stencil to create the look of a rug or something that will accent your home’s style or choose a neutral color that will withstand time.
• Garden stool are popular especially the porcelain varieties. Multi-functional these little gems can be an extra seat as well as a place to set your lemonade.
• Keeping it light. White wicker furniture or furniture painted white gives the illusion of more space and keeps it light and airy.
• Swap out cushions every couple of years. It will add new burst of fresh color and keep you on trend.
• A daybed is multi-functional as I expands seating to 2-3 people and is a place to take a well-deserved afternoon nap.
• Curtains can add an indoor feel instantly. Sunbrella has a wide variety of fabrics that will withstand the weather and provides an abundance of color options.
• Lighting is important when the sun starts to set. Add a table lamp, floor lamp or perhaps multiple glass votive candles to create a romantic mood.
Whether it’s a screened-in porch, sunroom, retractable awning or canopy, the summer is meant to be enjoyed so expand your outdoor living space. Call Otter Creek Awnings & Sunrooms today for a free estimate on how to get started.
Better Homes and Garden has some more great ideas for outdoor living this summer. Check it out!