JOIN OUR TEAM
We are always looking for talented people to grow with us.
Bring your energy to one of Vermont’s most well-respected companies and share in the success of our growing company. Otter Creek Awnings has been in business for over 45 years and pride ourselves in providing exceptional products and impeccable service in a fun, friendly and professional way that our customers will remember.
Use your talent at Vermont’s largest Awning company!
Otter Creek Awnings, a locally owned small business since 1976. We proudly serve our clients and offer the finest shading products and impeccable service. It is with great enthusiasm that we invite qualified candidates to apply!
- Are you interested in working with a small business in a fun team-based environment?
- Do you enjoy the challenge of awning installation and the satisfaction of providing high-quality products and customer service?
- Does working collaboratively as a team lead and with clients, while actively engaging in hands-on awning installation interest you?
If you answered “YES” to these questions and have the qualifications required, please apply.
JOB TITLE: Lead Installer EFFECTIVE DATE: 2/11/2021
AREA: In the field FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt
REPORTS TO: Project Manager TYPE: Full-Time
Assures the efficient and timely completion of all installations, provides general support to installers, while adhering to quality, safety, and installation specifications. Maintains positive rapport with clients, communicates regularly with Project Manager, Installation Coordinator and others as needed, to address complaints, identify solutions, and suggest improved methods and techniques.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Communicate effectively with Project Manager and Installation Coordinator.
- Prepare truck for each day by ensuring necessary tools, installation supplies, product, and equipment have been stocked for each job scheduled that day, as well as future jobs in order to prevent unnecessary trips back to the shop and/or store.
- Project a professional image, which includes wearing company attire with logo and maintaining a neat/orderly truck that is cleaned/washed on a regular basis.
- Maintain a safe driving record.
- Be courteous to other drivers and pedestrians while driving Otter Creek Awnings vehicles.
- Keep monthly gas logs and receipts and submit them on a timely basis and when requested.
- Provide packing slips/receipts for items charged on accounts, such as Fastenal and Curtis Lumber and return to Project Manager for reconciliation on a timely basis and when requested.
- Document service and installation actions by completing forms, logs and records in a timely manner.
- Maintain all equipment in good operating condition and follow routine maintenance procedures.
- Collect customer payment and submit to Installation Coordinator at end of day.
- Maintain accurate job installation book, take detailed notes, and keep track of installation timing.
- Correctly install all Otter Creek Awning products, handling all product components with proper care, including adhering to all code specifications, quality, and safety standards.
- Maintain clean and professional job site throughout installation and upon project completion.
- Maintain timely and complete communication site with clients, Project Manager and Installation Coordinator, i.e.. Notification of delays, absences, late arrivals.
- Review of awning care and operation with homeowners/client.
- Return and unload any scrap/related materials to appropriate location in Otter Creek Awnings warehouse at end of each day.
- Keep warehouse neat and orderly with help of installation team, ensuring all walkways are clear, and tools, supplies, and ladders are stored safely.
- Keep up to date on awning products and new installation tools. This includes occasionally attending KE USA Academy for new product and engineering training.
- Respectfully interact with Otter Creek Awnings owners, management, Installation Coordinator, awning designers and other office staff.
- Attend regularly scheduled group Installation Meetings with Project Manager and Installation Coordinator.
- Operate power tools and other necessary equipment to perform tasks necessary to complete awning installation to specifications.
- Attach rigid or roll-up canvas, metal, or plastic awnings onto buildings, using hand tools and/or power tools.
- Accurately measure and mark installation site of frame brackets, etc. i.e. door, window, store front.
- Understand field conditions and perform field dimension verification for manufacturing awnings.
- Propose potential quality or productivity enhancements i.e. continual improvements to Project Manager.
- Review finished assemblies to assure quality and accuracy of installation as per drawings and CADs. As needed, measure buildings to develop specifications for fabrication of awnings.
- As needed, fabricate awning frame, assemble awning to frame, and repair canvas coverings.
The above duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed in this job. They should not be construed as an exhaustive listing of all job duties and responsibilities by employees so classified.
Requires collaborative work with others in a group or team, external customers and vendors, face-to-face and telephone discussions with individuals or teams, dealing with unpleasant, angry, or discourteous people.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of basic carpentry skills along with math, reading and writing skills.
- Knowledge of common attachment devices (i.e. Sleeve anchors, tapcons, structural fasteners…).
- Understand implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Select and use training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Use mathematics to solve problems and accurately measure and interpret measurements.
- Monitor/Assess performance of yourself to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Talk to others to convey information clearly, effectively and in a professional manner.
- Manage one’s own time and work independently.
- Determine causes of installation errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Ability to follow directions and give clear directions.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task ongoing projects.
- Ability to project professional image and interact positively with clients, co-workers, vendors, and others.
Otter Creek Awnings is an Equal Opportunity Employer.