SPRING CLEAN YOUR AWNINGApril 25, 2018
SPRING IS HERE, GET YOUR AWNING READY!
Here are some quick tips to clean your awnings and extend its lifespan and protect it for future use.
- Cleaning: Don’t wait until the awning is too dirty to clean. Wash the awning by brushing lightly with a cloth or soft brush. Use a solution of lukewarm water (at least a gallon) andSeventh Generation Laundry Detergent or Dish Liquid, found in the supermarket. You can add 1 cup of bleach to the solution to kill mildew (don’t worry, we’ve tested this ourselves).
- More Cleaning: Wipe down the frame and hood with a sponge and Seventh Generation Natural All Purpose Cleaner.
- Repair: Have a small rip or tear… Usually they can be handled on site with a repair tape manufactured specifically for different types of fabric.
- Valance: Hopefully you removed the valance of the awning and stored it for the winter so it does not get weather-beaten. Now is the time to replace the valance at the end of the awning. There is a tiny screw at each end of the valance bar the holds the valance in place. Remove the screws with an Allen wrench, hold the valance level with the awning bar and place the cloth covered round PVC tube into the open slot on the awning bar. The valance should slide across the bar easily. The last thing to do is to tighten the tiny screws on both ends to keep it secure and unable to slide off unexpectedly.
- New Fabric: If your awning needs to be recovered contact us today for a quote. We keep your information on file and can help with an appointment or quote.
If you have other questions about the care or maintenance of your awning, please call or email us. We are here to help!
Toll-Free: 888-284-4680 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org